Lifestream

Results for #artichoke

07:28 utc sep 02 2019 permalink

Also added many more converter implementations with macros. There are 988 TryConvert implementations. #win #fail #artichoke

07:28 utc sep 02 2019 permalink

Led to reporting this #mruby bug: https://github.com/mruby/mruby/issues/4684 #github #fail although I was able to work around it #artichoke

07:27 utc sep 02 2019 permalink

This change added new functionality: Converting to and from byte and string slices #win #artichoke

Photo for post 740
07:26 utc sep 02 2019 permalink

The converters are central to #artichoke. Changing this core abstraction was painful: 84 files changed, 2000 lines added, 2800 lines removed. #fail #git

07:24 utc sep 02 2019 permalink

The converters allow the runtime to convert between Rust and Ruby types. They are the glue that the entire Ruby Core and Ruby Standard Library implementation is built upon. #artichoke

07:23 utc sep 02 2019 permalink

I'm separating the core of #artichoke from the #mruby backend specific glue. This step involved reimplementing the converters with the new traits in core.

04:39 utc aug 30 2019 permalink

Some folks have been contributing #Ruby and #Rust code to #artichoke! #win #github

09:22 utc aug 14 2019 permalink

I added a macro to oniguruma to enable it to build on clang for #wasm targets #patch #github #artichoke https://github.com/kkos/oniguruma/pull/150

09:43 utc aug 12 2019 permalink

Reported a build issue on #mruby with gperf 3.1 #ci #build #patch #github #artichoke https://github.com/mruby/mruby/issues/4628

Photo for post 732
08:16 utc aug 06 2019 permalink

#artichoke is the top trending repo on all of #github right now #win

09:24 utc aug 01 2019 permalink

I'm trying to improve Regexp performance in #artichoke by using the regex crate instead of oniguruma in some cases. It turns out not to be faster in all cases #patch #rust #fail https://github.com/rust-lang/regex/issues/604

Photo for post 729
03:37 utc aug 01 2019 permalink

I built an #artichoke #Wasm playground in the browser https://artichoke.github.io/artichoke/ #win

Photo for post 728
03:34 utc aug 01 2019 permalink

That is a lot of code #artichoke #github #patch #win

Photo for post 727
03:33 utc aug 01 2019 permalink

That is a lot of code #artichoke #github #patch #win

04:47 utc jul 29 2019 permalink

I forked onig and hope to add support for the wasm-unknown-unknown build target. For #artichoke though, it's too soon. Once mruby-sys is pulled into #Rust I'll try again #ruby #mruby #fail #patch #Wasm

04:45 utc jul 29 2019 permalink

Neither mruby-sys nor onig can build with wasm-unknown-unknown or wasm-wasi, so I was stuck with wasm-unknown-emscripten. The linker on mruby-sys would dead code eliminate artichoke_backend::Artichoke #fail #Wasm #artichoke #mruby

04:42 utc jul 29 2019 permalink

One of the goals is to have a #Wasm build target. This is what nerdsniped me this weekend. #artichoke

04:41 utc jul 29 2019 permalink

The biggest accomplishment was redoing the #artichoke README https://github.com/artichoke/artichoke#readme Thought about project goals and differentiators from MRI. Added milestones to track progress in achieving goals #win #ruby #artichoke

04:39 utc jul 29 2019 permalink

Being forced to set up the repository infra from scratch in cactusref was a good way to fix everything I disliked about my dev environment. CircleCI build and scripts/lint.sh got overhauled #win #artichoke #shell #bash #node #lint