with the lopopolo IAM user gone, the only ones left were the IAM users in the #artichoke and #hypstatic GitHub organizations used for terraform CI in the project-infrastructure repos. I used the new GitHub Actions OpenID Connect provider to wire up AWS identity federation following this guide – https://scalesec.com/blog/identity-federation-for-github-actions-on-aws/ #security #github #aws #win
I'm not sure how long ago this happened, but I got ownership of the @hyperbola handle on #github to match the npm namespace. Some js libs, old infrastructure for dynamic hyperbola, and #hypstatic live there now. I've added a 'project-infrastructure' repo like in Artichoke which does infra as code for the GitHub organization and #aws setup.
I took a hacksaw to my homebrew installation. I'm not sure how this happened but the brewfile I've been carrying around at one point had the entire dependency graph in it rather than the explicitly installed deps ... which made everything on my new Mac an explicitly installed dep. I had hundreds of libs installed for no reason. Burned everything down and started from scratch. #fail #win https://github.com/lopopolo/dotfiles/blob/fb9af6bd19df2149dba5a63a8db161702bcbe5db/homebrew-packages/Brewfile.rooster
macOS things – I tried out alacritty and tmux again but didn't switch away from iTerm2. I tried a bunch of fancy neovim LSP, floating pane, and lua config and then stripped all IDE bits out of vimrc to keep it just an editor. Finally enabled dark mode on my Mac (synced with the sunrise and sunset), switched to dark terminal and neovim color schemes. #win #vim