Lifestream

Results for #rust

20:04 utc may 25 2019 permalink

here's another Clippy bug #rust #fail https://github.com/rust-lang/rust-clippy/issues/4143

07:10 utc may 24 2019 permalink

In a related note, I now peg the nightly version in the rust-toolchain file to a specific date archive #ci #rust #win

07:09 utc may 24 2019 permalink

My #ci builds of ferrocarril caught a bug in rustyline that made compilation fail on the latest nightly #rust #win #patch https://github.com/kkawakam/rustyline/issues/217

Photo for post 688
01:35 utc may 17 2019 permalink

Excluding generated and vendored sources, ferrocarril is 8700 lines of #rust, #c, and #ruby. This is a lot of code. In very uncharacteristic fashion for a side project, a big chunk is tests #win https://github.com/lopopolo/ferrocarril/commit/fe2febc

01:23 utc may 17 2019 permalink

You can tell which parts of ferrocarril are new to me based on how many consecutive commits are dedicated to a feature. By this measure, the new (and hard) things were sys crates, #ci, and TryFrom traits #rust #win #fail

08:30 utc may 16 2019 permalink

ferrocarril is a new project I've been working on to embed #ruby on Rails in #rust https://github.com/lopopolo/ferrocarril

06:04 utc may 15 2019 permalink

The keyword "unsafe" appears 372 times in this codebase #rust

07:15 utc may 06 2019 permalink

Using cargo:rerun-if-changed and cargo:rerun-if-env-changed to make most sys crate builds a noop. developer productivity #win #rust

23:08 utc apr 27 2019 permalink

I just used #github to create a reproducer case for a panic in a #rust library #win https://github.com/lopopolo/rust-embed-panic https://github.com/pyros2097/rust-embed/issues/61 #patch

05:24 utc apr 18 2019 permalink

I generated FFI bindings for mruby with bindgen! I wrote a #c extension library for wrapping mruby macros! #win I wrote (a lot of) unsafe #rust code. Clippy helps a lot to make sure I'm not doing anything stupid. I have caused quite a few #segfault #fail

05:23 utc apr 18 2019 permalink

I implemented a #rust macro for the first time to implement some traits to convert between mruby values and Vec and Option containers #win

05:21 utc apr 18 2019 permalink

I've been working on creating an idiomatic, modern set of #rust bindings for mruby, an embedded #ruby interpreter. I am learning a ton and doing lots of code things I've never done before! #win

05:05 utc apr 18 2019 permalink

I found an ICE (internal compiler error) in clippy in #rust nightly #fail https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/60067

Photo for post 668
07:03 utc mar 14 2019 permalink

Deck making for an internal tech talk called "How to Implement the Chromecast Protocol in Rust When You Don't Know Rust" #rust futures and impl trait 😭 #fail

06:07 utc jan 27 2019 permalink

I have eliminated all explicit casts in punchtop #rust #win https://github.com/lopopolo/punchtop/commit/1e41ca3

05:47 utc jan 27 2019 permalink

More #rust safety: removed a cast to usize with the new usize::from_be_bytes converter https://github.com/lopopolo/punchtop/commit/2263c80 #win

08:00 utc jan 21 2019 permalink

The game that I'm working on is punchtop https://github.com/lopopolo/punchtop #win #rust #powerhour

07:57 utc jan 21 2019 permalink

I made a small #rust crate called stream-util for a game I'm working on. https://github.com/lopopolo/punchtop/tree/master/stream-util allows graceful drains of tokio mpsc channels or canceling a futures Stream. Clippy pedantic and fully documented #win

07:54 utc jan 21 2019 permalink

I implemented a #rust client for the #chromecast protocol for a game I'm working on. I collected a fairly exhaustive set of protocol documentation: https://github.com/lopopolo/punchtop/tree/master/cast-client