There is no more #webpack in #artichoke. All web properties have been migrated to esbuild, eta template engine, the Node fs API, and custom build scripts. This is simple, this is good. #hypstatic is next but there is a lot to unwind. #win
This PR also took the opportunity to hand-optimize and hand-make retina variants of all images in the blog and lifestream. This eliminated most of the large asset warnings from #webpack#performance#hypstatic
Making a mental note that I've decided to go static with hyperbola. Not sure when this project will get done, but here's to 2019. I have dreams of a custom #webpack and #markdown generator, S3 and CloudFront for distribution.
Optimizing #react bundle ... cut bundle size by 72KB. Biggest wins are turning an image into CSS + an emoji, removing unused deps, enabling mini-css-extract-plugin in release builds #win#webpack index.html is 333 KB
I completed removing build artifacts from source control. Static assets dist and document-root dirs: replaced with running #webpack on host. Third-party #ansible roles: installed from galaxy via #packer and #vagrant at provision time. #win