Lifestream
09:22 utc aug 14 2019 permalink

I added a macro to oniguruma to enable it to build on clang for #wasm targets #patch #github #artichoke https://github.com/kkos/oniguruma/pull/150

15:34 utc aug 12 2019 permalink

I reported an undocumented panic in #rust that was fixed today #patch #win https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/63456

09:43 utc aug 12 2019 permalink

Reported a build issue on #mruby with gperf 3.1 #ci #build #patch #github #artichoke https://github.com/mruby/mruby/issues/4628

Photo for post 732
08:16 utc aug 06 2019 permalink

#artichoke is the top trending repo on all of #github right now #win

09:24 utc aug 01 2019 permalink

I'm trying to improve Regexp performance in #artichoke by using the regex crate instead of oniguruma in some cases. It turns out not to be faster in all cases #patch #rust #fail https://github.com/rust-lang/regex/issues/604

08:06 utc aug 01 2019 permalink

This was hard to track down: emscripten linker error with a particular function signature #rust #wasm #patch #github #fail https://github.com/emscripten-core/emscripten/issues/9135

Photo for post 729
03:37 utc aug 01 2019 permalink

I built an #artichoke #Wasm playground in the browser https://artichoke.github.io/artichoke/ #win

Photo for post 728
03:34 utc aug 01 2019 permalink

That is a lot of code #artichoke #github #patch #win

Photo for post 727
03:33 utc aug 01 2019 permalink

That is a lot of code #artichoke #github #patch #win

04:47 utc jul 29 2019 permalink

I forked onig and hope to add support for the wasm-unknown-unknown build target. For #artichoke though, it's too soon. Once mruby-sys is pulled into #Rust I'll try again #ruby #mruby #fail #patch #Wasm

04:45 utc jul 29 2019 permalink

Neither mruby-sys nor onig can build with wasm-unknown-unknown or wasm-wasi, so I was stuck with wasm-unknown-emscripten. The linker on mruby-sys would dead code eliminate artichoke_backend::Artichoke #fail #Wasm #artichoke #mruby

04:42 utc jul 29 2019 permalink

One of the goals is to have a #Wasm build target. This is what nerdsniped me this weekend. #artichoke

04:41 utc jul 29 2019 permalink

The biggest accomplishment was redoing the #artichoke README https://github.com/artichoke/artichoke#readme Thought about project goals and differentiators from MRI. Added milestones to track progress in achieving goals #win #ruby #artichoke

04:39 utc jul 29 2019 permalink

Being forced to set up the repository infra from scratch in cactusref was a good way to fix everything I disliked about my dev environment. CircleCI build and scripts/lint.sh got overhauled #win #artichoke #shell #bash #node #lint

04:38 utc jul 29 2019 permalink

With renewed focus of building my own #Ruby instead of extending #mruby, I put in some effort to make mruby an implementation detail of #artichoke. Lots of refactoring with sed. #fail

04:36 utc jul 29 2019 permalink

ferrocarril had different goals than artichoke: it wanted to run Rails. To do that, it had a lot of extra bits in it like gems, a Rack server, and sample apps. Nuked all of it #win #artichoke

04:35 utc jul 29 2019 permalink

Step 3: create the #artichoke repository where the core #ruby development will take place. #artichoke

04:34 utc jul 29 2019 permalink

Step 2: transfer ownership of ferrocarril to artichoke organization #artichoke #github. Not much to do here, updated some links, fixed some branding, got CircleCI building again #artichoke

04:33 utc jul 29 2019 permalink

CactusRef is still an incredibly unsafe crate, but at least it aborts if it detects a use-after-free #fail #artichoke

04:33 utc jul 29 2019 permalink

Extracting cactusref required completely rewriting #git history, updating docs, adding a build, adding benches, importing my blog post, updating links in the blog post #artichoke