hyperbo.la :: lifestream
permalink

I published my first #rust crate (and package of any kind, ever)! rand_mt is a fork of an existing Mersenne Twister crate which adds compatibility with the latest rand_core and makes it no_std #patch https://crates.io/crates/rand_mt #patch

permalink

I contributed a feature to #rust! Added an implementation to allow turning a &mut str into a String using the standard From trait #win #patch https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/69661

permalink

I added a feature to rust-bindgen to make a dependency optional to make the build lighter #github #patch https://github.com/rust-lang/rust-bindgen/pull/1615

permalink

Reported a critical bug in rustfmt #fail #github #patch https://github.com/rust-lang/rustfmt/issues/3770

permalink

I added a macro to oniguruma to enable it to build on clang for #wasm targets #patch #github #artichoke https://github.com/kkos/oniguruma/pull/150

permalink

I reported an undocumented panic in #rust that was fixed today #patch #win https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/63456

permalink

Reported a build issue on #mruby with gperf 3.1 #ci #build #patch #github #artichoke https://github.com/mruby/mruby/issues/4628

permalink

I'm trying to improve Regexp performance in #artichoke by using the regex crate instead of oniguruma in some cases. It turns out not to be faster in all cases #patch #rust #fail https://github.com/rust-lang/regex/issues/604

permalink

This was hard to track down: emscripten linker error with a particular function signature #rust #wasm #patch #github #fail https://github.com/emscripten-core/emscripten/issues/9135

Photo for post 728
permalink

That is a lot of code #artichoke #github #patch #win

Photo for post 727
permalink

That is a lot of code #artichoke #github #patch #win

permalink

I forked onig and hope to add support for the wasm-unknown-unknown build target. For #artichoke though, it's too soon. Once mruby-sys is pulled into #Rust I'll try again #ruby #mruby #fail #patch #Wasm

permalink

Matz likes my code omg omg omg #win #ruby #mruby #patch https://github.com/mruby/mruby/pull/4560#issuecomment-509572113

permalink

I’ve been uncovering a few bugs in mruby trying to get ruby/spec to at least run to completion. This bug report fixed an infinite loop that unblocked that #mruby #patch https://github.com/mruby/mruby/issues/4555

permalink

Reported a bug in layout generation for structure with flexible array members to #rust bindgen that was recently fixed #patch https://github.com/rust-lang/rust-bindgen/issues/1589

permalink

Reported an uninitialized memory access to #mruby upstream that was recently fixed #patch https://github.com/mruby/mruby/issues/4556

permalink

I had a PR accepted in mruby! #patch #ruby #mruby #win https://github.com/mruby/mruby/pull/4560

permalink

Added a feature (both a new capability and a compile time feature!) to rust-embed to allow it to embed sources relative to crate root which is useful in workspaces #rust #patch https://github.com/pyros2097/rust-embed/pull/67

permalink

Adding paragraph mode to String#each_line in mruby core #ruby #patch https://github.com/mruby/mruby/pull/4527

permalink

I've proposed a couple of PRs to speed up UTF-8 String handling in mruby https://github.com/mruby/mruby/pull/4529 https://github.com/mruby/mruby/pull/4531 #patch #ruby #github